Hope Harbor’s mission to Restore Hope, Transform Lives, and Reconcile Families in the name of Jesus doesn’t end at our door step. Our Hope Harbor Gives Back program offers a variety of workshops and presentations that support children, marriage, and families in the community. Hope Harbor Gives Back offers great options for strengthening your church or outreach to your community
WHAT WE OFFER:
• We offer a variety of workshops as part of our mission to Restore Hope, Transform LIves, and Reconcile Families.
• These workshops are a great enrichment opportunity, and may be used as an outreach to your community.
• We will travel to your location (within a reasonable driving distance of the greater Tulsa, OK area) and provide a workshop at your request.
• There is no charge for our Gives Back workshop other than the cost of materials for your participants (as applicable).
• We can present to groups or congregations at your business, church or almost any location wired for sound and projection.
• Many of our workshops can be adapted to fit your schedule, and we may be able to provide other workshops within our expertise-- just ask!
• We will take opportunity to speak briefly to your audience about our work at Hope Harbor.
EXPECTATIONS OF WORKSHOP HOSTS:
• You are responsible for advertising your event and recruiting/registering your participants (We can provide appropriate advertisements for you to print or share electronically).
• You are responsible for any snacks, meals, or other amenities you wish to provide to participants. If the presentation is scheduled to run through a traditional mealtime, we strongly recommend providing that meal for your participants.
• You are responsible for covering materials fees, or collecting the fee from your participants.
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
• 8 hour course for adults who regularly interact with adolescents
• Offers an overview of common mental health challenges and typical development
• Provides a proactive 5-step action plan for meeting the needs of young people
• Prepares you to respond to a child in crisis
• Creates a safety net for your community
BUILDING HEALTHY MARRIAGES
• What does a healthy marriage look like?
• Why marriages fall apart
• Conflict resolution
• Rekindling the fires of passion
• The faithfulness plan
PARENTING: THE LOVE & LOGIC WAY
• Putting “fun” back into parenting
• The COOL formula
• Logical consequences
• Turning words into gold
• Enforceable statements
• Using choices to teach responsibility
• Saying “no” by saying “yes”
• Why do I need estate planning?
• Wills and trusts
• Providing for your family
• Leaving a legacy for years to come
• Providing for your favorite charity
OTHER AVAILABLE WORKSHOP TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Grief and Loss
• Understanding and working through Traumatic Events
• Forgiveness and Reconciliation
• PREP for marriage
• Parenting Skills Training
• Trauma & Development
• Helping Churches get more Involved in the needs of the Community
• Parenting for Teenage Parents
• Teaching Bible Classes for the 21st Century
Jennifer Bristow, M.A., LPC
Director of Clinical Services, Hope Harbor
Jessica Hendricks, M.A., LMFT
Mental Health Specialist, Hope Harbor
Kay Dalton, M.S.
Director of Education, Hope Harbor
Ralph Richardson, Ph.D.
CEO, Home of Hope, Vinita OK