Hope Harbor offers an immersive family reconciliation program designed to give your family the tools and support you need to navigate the storm, so you can enjoy peace and hope in your home. Hope Harbor serves adolescents and their families in our comprehensive residential program which is built on a foundation of faith and excellence.
Hope Harbor: Restoring Hope. Transforming Lives. Reconciling Families
Learn more about us:
Schedule Your Workshop Today!
• One of our experts will present your workshop, Free of charge
• We will travel within a “reasonable” driving distance from the Tulsa, OK area
• We will design a workshop with as many or as few sessions that will fit your time concerns
• You are responsible for advertising your event as well as recruiting and registration of participants
• You are responsible for any snacks or meals that are provided to participants should your workshop be designed to go through lunch or dinner.
• We will take opportunity to speak to your audience about Hope Harbor and what we do.
We have experts on our staff trained in a variety of disciplines. Here are some of the workshops and subjects we cover.
BUILDING HEALTHY MARRIAGES
• What does a healthy marriage look like?
• Why marriages fall apart
• Conflict resolution
• Rekindling the fires of passion • The faithfulness plan
PARENTING: THE LOVE & LOGIC WAY
• Putting “fun” back into parenting • The COOL formula
• Logical consequences
• Turning words into gold
• Enforceable statements • Using choices to teach responsibility
• Saying “no” by saying “yes”
*Cost for Materials
MENTAL HEALTH WORKSHOPS
• Grief, Loss, Trauma
• Early Childhood Development
• Trauma Aftermath
• Why do I need estate planning? • Wills and trusts
• Providing for your family
• Leaving a legacy for years to come
• Providing for your favorite charity
FROM CHILDREN TO BRETHREN
(How can I know when my child is ready for baptism?)
• How young is too young? • How to say “Wait” without discouraging them
• The age of accountability
• Motivations for baptism
• Studying with your child
• Having them write a letter to you
YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
• 8 hour course for adults who regularly interact with adolescents
• Offers an overview of common mental health challenges and typical development
• Provides a proactive 5-step action plan for meeting the needs of young people
*Cost for Materials
OTHER POSSIBLE WORKSHOPS
• PREP for marriage
• Parenting Skills Training
• Temperament Testing
• Trauma & Development
• Helping Churches get more Involved in the needs of the Community
• Parenting for Teenage Parents
• Teaching Bible Classes for the 21st Century
Bob Whiddon, Jr., Ph.D., D.Min.
Executive Director at Hope Harbor
Jennifer Bristow, MA , LPC Director of Clinical Services at Hope Harbor
Jessica Skidmore, MA, LMFT
Mental Health Specialist at Hope Harbor
Kay Dalton, MS
Director of Education at Hope Harbor
Ralph Richardson, Ph.D. Former Executive Director at Hope Harbor,
Current CEO at Home of Hope in Vinita OK.